Last Updated: November 27, 2017
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, manage your user profile, upload files, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, password, location, job title, professional skills, phone number, social media handle, picture and other biographical or identifying information you choose to provide. Any payments you may make for the Services will be received and processed through our third party payment provider, so we do not collect your payment information.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
- Log Information:We log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, files read, search words, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
- Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies:We use various technologies to collect information, and this may include sending cookies to your computer or mobile device. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that helps us to improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. We may also collect information using web beacons (also known as “tracking pixels”). Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits, understand usage and campaign effectiveness and determine whether an email has been opened and acted upon. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see “Your Choices” below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
- Send you notifications regarding activities that other Highspot users have engaged in via the Services;
- Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Send you communications about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Highspot and other companies, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
- Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content, suggested connections or features that match user profiles or activities;
- Process and deliver contest entries and rewards;
- Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
- Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
Highspot is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing and transfer of information in and to the U.S.
Sharing of Information
- With other users of Highspot in accordance with the privacy preferences you establish (please see “Your Choices” below for more information about how to manage your privacy settings);
- With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
- In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process, or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with the spirit or language of our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Highspot or others;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company; or
- With your consent or at your direction, including if we notify you through our Services that the information you provide will be shared in a particular manner and you provide such information.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Your Right to Control and Access Your Information
You have control over your personal information and how it is collected, used, and shared. For example, you have a right to:
- Erase or delete all or some of your Personal Information stored by Highspot.
- Change or correct personal data.
- Access and take your data.
You can review, correct, update, or delete inaccuracies to the information that Highspot keeps on file by contacting us directly at email@example.com. For more information on your right to control and access your personal information, please see our GDPR Compliance page.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook “Like” button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. The use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Analytics Services Provided by Other Companies
Highspot takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks
Highspot adheres in its processing of personal data received from the EU and from Switzerland (“EU Data”) to the EU-U.S. and the Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework Principles, issued by the U.S. Department of Commerce (the “Principles”). Highspot has certified to the Department of Commerce that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. For more information about the Principles, please visit the Department of Commerce’s Privacy Shield website.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Highspot commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Highspot at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If Highspot does not resolve your complaint, you may submit your complaint free of charge for resolution to JAMS for mediation, pursuant to the JAMS International Mediation Rules. Under certain conditions specified by the Principles, you may also be able to invoke binding arbitration to resolve your complaint. Highspot is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the FTC. If Highspot shares EU Data with a third-party service provider that processes the data solely on Highspot’s behalf, then Highspot may be held liable for that third party’s processing of EU Data in violation of the Principles, unless Highspot can prove that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
Highspot has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning human resources data transferred from the EU and Switzerland in the context of the employment relationship.
You may manage your preferences for sharing your files and the activities you engage in via the Services with other Highspot users through your account settings. When you first create an account, we encourage you to review the default privacy settings for your account and make any desired adjustments. For instance, if you create an account using your corporate email address, the default privacy setting provides that you will share your files and activities on Highspot with other Highspot users that have the same email address domain name. Additionally, please note that certain activities are inherently public and may not be managed through your privacy settings, such as when you comment on a file uploaded by another Highspot user.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account and managing your profile. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please email us at email@example.com, but note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of your account information for a certain period of time.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional email messages from Highspot by following the instructions in those emails or by managing your communications preferences through your account settings. If you opt out, we may still send you transactional or relationship messages, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
You may manage your preferences for receiving certain alerts and notifications from Highspot in connection with the use of the Services by you or other Highspot users through your account settings.